Managing our wine club is not an easy job, but Lisa Kekuewa sure makes it look effortless. Find out what she likes most about her job, why growing up in the Santa Ynez Valley was so great, and how she enjoys a glass of Gainey wine.
1. How long have you worked at Gainey?
It has been 7 ½ years, I started in 2010.
2. How long have you lived in the Santa Ynez Valley and what do you love about it?
I have lived my entire life in the Santa Ynez Valley, with the exception of going to Oregon State University for 4 years. I love that this is my home, and has been my family’s home for four generations. This area represents history, traditions and family for me. Moving away to go to college made me appreciate just how much I wanted to be back here.
3. What’s a fun or interesting job you’ve had in the past?
While at OSU I spent 3 years as the Editor-in-Chief and then Business Manager of the Beaver Yearbook. That job was truly a labor of love and one that I was honored to have.
4. Where have you traveled to that you simply must return to or been to and never want to go back (and why)
As a child I traveled to England, Scotland and Wales with my grandmother. I would love to travel there again as an adult and experience an entirely different aspect of the same places.
5. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Building the relationships with the club members that you meet and hearing how Gainey wines are part of their lives & stories.
6. What is your favorite food?
Anything I don’t have to cook!
7. What inspires you most in life?
My two children… they are my entire world and every decision I make involves them. They inspire me to do better and be better each day.
8. What's your favorite way to enjoy a glass of Gainey wine?
A quiet moment with Pinot Noir at the end of a long week.