Fall has arrived here in wine country and that means two things: less crowds and great weather. And a perfect time of year for a picnic on our Vineyard View Lawn where you’re surrounded by vines on three sides. The leaves on the vineyards are starting to change color from green to orange/red/yellow which adds the dramatic backdrop.
We have the beautiful grounds, the delectable wine, the wooden picnic tables, but you’ll need to bring a few things to round out your al fresco dining:
1. Set The Table: if you really want to make your picnic feel upscale, bring a tablecloth to cover the table, some nice plates, and silverware.
2. Food: keep the menu simple with foods that are easy to eat and not too fussy---banquettes, a variety of cheeses, grapes, figs, marinated olives, salami. Or order artisan sandwiches or boxed lunches ahead of time from Lucky Hen Larder across the street from Gainey.
3. Wine: after doing a tasting, purchase your favorite bottle of Gainey wine to enjoy with your picnic. Just ask a tasting room associate to let you borrow some of our “picnic” glasses to use outside.
4. Water: always bring water so that you can hydrate while you enjoy your bottle of Gainey wine.
5. Dessert: no picnic is complete without dessert! Pair our Cabernet Sauvignon with brownies or match our Riesling with cheesecake. Additional Items to Bring: a cutting board and knife (if you’re bringing a baguette and salami), a platter for the fruit, napkins, a bag for trash (to make clean up a snap), and sunscreen/hat if you’re eating in the full sun.
6. Savor: relax and enjoy the wide-open views, the sounds of nature, and the slower pace a picnic allows.